Here are some reasons why you might have halitosis.
Causes of your bad breath may include:
- eating or drinking strong-smelling foods: onions, garlic, and kimchi
- gum disease, cavities or an infection
- tonsillitis, tonsil stones, or acid reflux
- not engaging in proper oral hygiene
Bad breath (halitosis) is common and it can often be treated on it's own.
Here's how to manage bad breath
The best way to prevent bad breath is to keep your teeth, tongue and mouth clean. Try the following:
- floss your teeth
- brush your teeth and gums at least twice a day for 2 minutes
- use a fluoride toothpaste
- gunkii tongue scraper
- keep dentures clean and remove them at night soak them if needed
- use an antibacterial mouthwash
- avoid eating or drinking strong-smelling or spicy food
- stop smoking
- cut down on sugary food and drink
If you still have bad breath, call your dentist or doctor for advice and suggestions.