Tongue Scraping + Enhanced Gut Health
Many of us are obsessed with looking after our guts. Many of us take probiotics and eat fermented foods, and drink fermented drinks.
Scraping your tongue regularly clears toxins and bacteria and as an added bonus scraping removes the coating that can prevent bad breath and eliminate undigested food particles. Most people do not know that oral microbiota can invade gut microbiota directly and indirectly.
The tongue is a mirror of the body's digestive system. The tongue can reflect food intolerances and sensitivities, gut problems, toxin levels, weak digestion and much more. So, before you scrape everything off of it, you should inspect it. But then 100% scrape all that dumpster juice off your tongue.
Here is what you are looking for:
- A thick coating of gunk on your tongue might reflect a more serious condition and poor gut health.
- A thin coating of gunk on your tongue is normal, but a very thin or absent tongue coating means a lack of body fluids. Or if you have nothing on your tongue at all this could be a sign that your body is being taxed greatly.
- A dark yellow coating (that is also thick) might be a signal that your body is too hot and/or there is an infection in your body.
- A grey or black coating indicates that something is probably very wrong with your body’s health.
- A thick white coating means you likely have poor circulation and you might even have a yeast infection problem.
Once you've analyzed the gunk coming off your tongue, now you need to focus on the color of your tongue... now that you can see it of course.
- If you have a red tongue, it may indicate your body is running hot. You may have a fever or a hormonal imbalance that is causing hot flashes or temperature changes.
- If you have a purple tongue this might be a sign that your circulatory system is backed up. You may also have inflammation or an infection in your body.
- If you have a pale tongue this could be a sign of a deficiency or a lack of energy. This is common with anaemia or after a long-standing disease where the immune system is weak.
Now that you know what you are looking for go get to scraping yourself to a healthier you. You have nothing to lose except all that gunk.