Obviously, no one's tongue (in its entirety) is white. BUT there can be a a build up of access debris on your tongue causing this whiteish appearance.
In most cases, white tongue is easy to resolve as the condition is usually related to oral hygiene and lifestyle.
Here are some ways to treat and prevent white tongue.
- Practice regular and proper flossing, brushing, scraping and gargling
- Avoid excessive alcohol use
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dry mouth
- Drink plenty of water to flush your body of toxins and keep it hydrated
- Stop smoking or chewing tobacco and or vaping
- Introduce more fiber into your diet
- Scrape off the white coating with a tongue cleaner
- Repeat the above step - do it 2 or 3 times a day
While white tongue is often harmless, it can also be a symptom of other severe conditions.
If you are or have been experiencing white tongue persistently despite practicing proper oral hygiene, and scraping more diligently, it is best to consult a doctor and or dentist about your on going white tongue.